12826847

I have a criminal conviction for conspiracy to defraud

Customer Question

I have a criminal conviction for conspiracy to defraud dating from March 2010 . I work in the motor trade as a paint sprayer , I have been looking to change my job to another garage , I have been for a number of interviews but as soon as they find I have a criminal conviction the offer a job just disappears due to the criminal record ,is there a way I can have it removed . I know the law changed a few years back but I not sure what I can do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What sentence did you get?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
100 hours community service and a hundred pound fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number is *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I will make an offer since you have asked but we can carry on online for the same price.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just carry on online
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. What level of checking are you facing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as they do the crb check the job offers just go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but I need the information I asked for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Being ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what information you require ? The are doing a criminal background check and it obviously flags up about my conviction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a little confused as to how this works ???
I thought I asked a question and you gave me your opinion ??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Oh yes, I can do that but it will probably be wrong because I don't have enough information to give you informed advise.

What I need to know is what level of checking are you facing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what you mean by the level of checking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for your response
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question the back of my list.

There are three levels of checking - basic, standard and enhanced. Which do you face?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I am sorry , I've never done this before so I apologise, as far as I know it's a standard check ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK. No problem.

You need to ascertain whether it is basic or standard. If basic this would have dropped off already as you are through the buffer period.

If it is standard checking then it would still be there unless and until it is filtered after 11 years.

You are probably just basic checked given the industry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I know what sort of checks are being done. And I thought the law change a few years back ? To help the rehabilitation of offenders . Ironically it was my motor insurance who told me this