31090051

My 14 yo daughter was invited by the daughter of the house

Customer Question

My 14 yo daughter was invited by the daughter of the house owner to a house party that was taking place without the owners permission. Lots of older teenagers turned up and the house was damaged. My daughter was home around 11:30 well before the end of the party. We have heard that some kids have been interviewed by the police and charged with breaking entry ( not sure why when the owners daughter invited them ) however can you offer any advice on what we should do or say if police arrive at the door. My daughter has never been in any trouble before and is a very good kid. Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. If the police appear your daughter should say that she was invited to the house, by the daughter, and was home by 11.30pm and did not cause or witness any damage which I presume happened later. Your daughter has committed no crime under Scots law and has nothing to worry about. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.