12826847

My boyfriend has been deported for a criminal offence for

Customer Question

Hi, my boyfriend has been deported for a criminal offence for five years in Turkey. Since then, 3 years have passed, is there any way he can legally come back?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nicola,I am ok with waiting for an answer. I realised I didn't give you enough information the first time. My boyfriend was still imprisioned in U.K. when he was given the deportation papers to sign, which he signed in the end because he was kept longer than expected there so he didn't know how long they are going to keep him so he decided to sign. He has been living in U.K. since he was 12 and all his family is here and are all British citizens, is just that he didn't bother to apply for British Citizenship which he was entitled to before the deportation. We are planning to marry as well, I am a EEA citizen and also lived in UK for more than 6 years. We want to live together here so we want to know if he come back to live with me and his family here before the 5 years.If you need any more information please let me know.Looking forward to your reply.Many thanks,
Mariana
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nicola,It's fine, I will keep waiting. Just let me know when you find out something.Many thanks,
Mariana
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

You mean he has only been away for 3 years?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
he has been away 3 years and has 2 more to go
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

In that case, he cannot return until the period has passed.

A deportation means a deportation for five years.

But he could return after the expiry date.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When he comes back is there any procedure he needs to follow, or he can come back just like that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

If the court ordered deportation period is over then he should be free to return as long as he otherwise complies with immigration rules.