13262538

I've recently been successful at applying for citizenship in

Customer Question

Hi, I've recently been successful at applying for citizenship in the UK. Years ago (18 years), I changed my given name by deed poll. The US government didn't recognise my new name on my passport and I had to have an AKA on the back of my passport to travel.
Now, even though my citizenship is coming through on my 'new' given name, I'm told that I can only apply for a UK passport on the name that's on my US passport.
After my ceremony, should I enact another deed poll so that I can apply for a UK passport under the name that i've used for many years?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Once the Ceremony is over you can indeed complete a Change of Name Deed which will allow you to apply for your new passport in your new name

Please ask if you need further details