12826847

House just failed to complete because part of deposit was

Customer Question

Hello house just failed to complete because part of deposit was gifted which got sent to my conveyancer,day before that my girlfriend and me had a row,she went running to her dad who had gifted deposit to me but had specified that she must live there to,i had no idea of that clause and were fine now,but surely they should have told me this,because she plans keep her place for a while,do feel like im trapped here,i'm in breach of contract and nobody will tell me anything,my girlfriend currently getting a declaration of trust drawn up to protect her dads money if house sold,mortgage in my name only can they make me sell house if split up when only my name on mortgage
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the price of the house and how much is her father lending you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
House is £135 and he's £9k i also pay £9k deposit and legal fees
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Did you not assume that the money would only come if his daughter was going to live there as well?