Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I was arrested by the Bromley police for alleged assault

Customer Question

Dear Sir, I was arrested by the Bromley police for alleged assault against my wife Last week. The case was dismissed the next day as the wounds I reported were not consistent with my wife's version of the story. For the children's well being and my own also, I am considering moving out of the family home. Under English is there any legal consequence in doing so? I am a French national and, as an example, under French law you may incur in sanctions if you do not formalise your departure either with your wife or a police officer in writing. Could you please advise whether there is any restriction limiting a parent's departure or any formality to fulfill before leaving the family home?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Under English law there is no requirement to formalise separation or departure from the home but in the future it may be harder practically to return - nonetheless this does not impact your legal rights to the property or to occupy it.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.