Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am having some serious difficulties with my managed

Customer Question

Hi, I am having some serious difficulties with my managed property through Keating Estates. We do not know who had keys of our apartment which most likely lead to a robbery which occurred 1 month back, i know have asthma because of damp and mould in our apartment, leaking pipes, work in progress which we do not have an end date for... overall disaster. we have tried to come up with a compromise with them, but all is being refused, we are living in an unsafe environment, i am getting more and more asthma every day due to the damp in the house, more and more mould is appearing... What can we do?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What do you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jamie, Thank you for your response.
I need to understand if i have legal grounds to go after them.
if mould and damp is acceptable in a 2340£ per month managed property.
If my asthma gets worse, what can i realistically do?
If work in my flat was set for 1 week and i still have holes in my wall after 1 month, can i get free rent? compensation? etc etc
Also need to know if i am legally allowed to get ALL the names of people who previously had keys of my place as we know the robbery happened by someone who entered with a set of keys. yet they refused to give me names of people coming in and out my apartment.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Basically, i am fed up with them taking 2340£ per month and me getting an unsafe environment in which i am getting sicker and sicker. what can be done.?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Yes you do. They are in breach of contract and have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.