12826847

My Internet service provider has claimed I have a contract,

Customer Question

My Internet service provider has claimed I have a contract, but I have no document stating 'The Contract.' As I understand it, a verbal agreement was reached by telephone conversation (the agreement), and recorded. However, in a dispute with them, they will not permit the transcript to be viewed. I dispute the terms agreed and have no record. How do I proceed?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What is exactly the dispute over?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already stated it.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I have seen that but can you clarify if the sole dispute is whether you have a contract with them for the provision of services?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dispute for me is that I did not get what was promised; the so called contract is conditional on terms and conditions, which I could not access. The service provider verbally guaranteed that my security would be increased and additional services would be available (TV extra channels etc) - this did not happen, it does not work for me, my line speed is not high enough to maintain a good connection. I only found out after they had 'sold this package' that it's stated in their terms and conditions 'online' - which I cannot access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more time or details?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is taking too long - I'm closing down the conversation.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

When did this conversation where you entered into the agreement take place?