29905560

Hope you ca help I fitted a engineered floor for a customer

Customer Question

Hi hope you ca help I fitted a engineered wood floor for a customer and a few weeks later the started to lift this was due to the radiator which we trying some of the side of the floor and replaced some damage planks some eight months later the guy complaints the floor is lifting again he then refused to let me send a lad who fitted originally and said he wanted it replacing I suggested he got in touch with the manufacturers and it from there he got an engineers report from homebase who use F are are are independent furniture care and repair The client sent me A copy of the report which he underlined are saying it is a fitting falt and not a manufacturer falt when he asked about the cleaning regem he said he steem cleans it in my opinion the inspector should of tould him that this is the cores of the floor lifting and not the fitting I phoned the F I a and asked if they could steam clean the wood floors as I was confused by this they replied by email telling me I would have to go to homebase and ask them as they did not know so again in my opinion why were they expecting the floor without knowing the spec about the floor The client is wanting me to sort the floor but I don't think it's anything to do with the fitting it to do with the steam cleaner do I have a case or is there something I can do to nip this in the bud thaks in Advance for any advice you can help me with
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Have you contacted the manufacturer about care instructions for the flooring? Also, do you have evidence to support the client's admission of steam cleaning the floor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the client has told the inspector who was also put in the report that when he was asked about his queen Regine he replied he scream queens it I have that in writing here but I do not know of any engineered board you can steam clean without doing damage
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That should've said cleaning
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry about the predict tex
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

No problem at all and thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Whilst the inspector’s report may be relied on by the customer in arguing their case, ideally you would need something from the manufacturer as they would know best what may damage the floor and what could potentially cause its lifting.

One thing is certain though – the customer can claim whatever he wants, but the only way to make you liable and to try and make you pay is to take you to court and convince them that the issues were as a result of your fitting rather than anything else. This is where they would have to rely on some more expert evidence and where you can use a relevant report yourself, such as getting the manufacturer’s opinion

So for the time being you cannot be forced to do anything. So far you are only answering a request by the customer to fix this and regardless of what they say or want, you do not have to do anything. Do not give them ideas about what they should do next, like going to court, but state that unless you are ordered by an official third party that this is as a result of your work, you will not be liable for any repairs or replacements.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.