13262538

I need to get an injunction to stop my son harassing me day

Customer Question

I need to get an injunction to stop my son harassing me day and night for money. I am in the process of applying for a divorce because I have given him money for fifteen years and it is getting worse every day, saying no is useless as he turns up at home, work or at his sons school and wont accept that i have nothing left. he is a drug addict and has a worsening problem.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is your son?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
34
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

What have the police said?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That he has not committed a crime I have rung 101 on numerous occasions but they just refer me to see a solicitor. He turns up at everywhere I work and won't leave until I give him money
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Have you spoken to the Domestic Violence unit and asked them to give him an harassment warning?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but they won't help as I work said I needed to do private order which seems unfair as I am scared of him
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

When did he last harass you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Every day three or four times
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

So today?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
once by phone at work and he turned up at my house this evening even though he is told not to by my husband I don't work on Weds pm so if he wants me he has to come to house usually he turns up at work so I give in not to cause a scene I have tried to help him over past 15 yrs but I need to retire and also his demands are for more and more money and he is not listening when I say no
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

have you considered asking your employers to ask him to leave and to call the police to back it up?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but he doesn't always come in waits by my car at start or end of shift I am a locum so have several jobs and then he won't leave until I get him money and won't let me get in my car or use phone as he stands pleading and I feel intimidated He turns verbally nasty if I keep saying no I have to stop him somehow as my home and marriage are at risk as I have given him all I earn for so long and know it is wrong but in a catch 22
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

What would happen if you just got in the car and drove off?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He stands in front of the door and stops me getting in Not sure he would not damage the door if I tried to move him
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

have you actually called the police at that point at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but they never turn up even if I tell them he will be turning up They say they can't do anything as he has not committed an offence I need an injunction with power of arrest
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

I dont mean have you called them in advance.

I mean have you called them whilst he is stopping you get into the car by phoning 999

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They still don't turn up so no help just give me log numbers He has to physically harm me before they listen Have no faith in Police
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

I see.

Do you think he will obey a Court Order?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Probably not but the Police won't stop him without one
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

The form that you need is here

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/fl401-eng-20160213.pdf

There is no fee and you should send the form to the court with two copies

I hope that it works for you

At the same time you should report the lack of support that you have had to the Senior Officer at the local Police Station

Please ask if you need further details