12826847

I worked for a UK Company for 3 months last year and up

Customer Question

I worked for a UK Company for 3 months last year and up until now I have not been paid. The contract was under Jersey law and I have tried 3 law firms with no satisfaction.What can I do to recover my salary + damages?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

What reason have they provided for the delay in paying you?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Just thinking about this as you were under Jersey law I cannot really help and you would really need to speak to a Jersey lawyer as the laws there are different.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Nicolas,
Yes I would like you to continue!
This has been going on for more than a year now and has been a severe distress in my private life.Best regards,Ian
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
If we cannot find a Jersey law specialist we do offer a refund so you will not be out of pocket.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There must be something we can do in the UK and I was hired in the UK. Thier office is in the UK and they work in the UK. By the way,nothing to do with racism but the md is Nigerian.Best regards,Ian
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your efforts!
Ian
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please Nicolas!
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The Jersey law system is a mafia I have just discovered as I( have contacted 3 lawyers and all of them turned me down after a few days!Should I now revert to a Debt Collector to recover my money?This has ruined my life as since I have tried to cover my debts but when you are down it is difficult to recover from such a fall.See attached,Regards,Ian
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 28 days ago.
I'm sorry - we have not been able to find an Expert to help with this, possibly because it is Jersey law related and needs more specialist help than Experts can provide.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi again Nicola,
You didn't answer my question! Should I try using a debt collector?Best regards,Ian
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 27 days ago.
Hello Ian,
I'm sorry, I simply can't answer your question - I'm not an Expert and I cannot find one. It's can't, not won't! Hence the offer of a refund.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
OK I accept the offer of a refund but I am so disappointed that I cannot get justice in the UK. THANK you for your help Nicola