Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I paid a deposit of £615 to Iglu Cruises in January 2016 for

Customer Question

I paid a deposit of £615 to Iglu Cruises in January 2016 for a cruise to Australia and New Zealand starting February 2017 I had to cancel in April 2016 Iglu informed me that the deposit was lost. However I note from their website that the cruise and the balcony cabin I booked is now fully sold.
My question is, can they withhold the complete deposit when the have gone on to sell the cruise package again
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Did they tell you before you paid that the deposit was non refundable? Did you pay by credit card? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Regarding the deposit I don't know if it was in the small print but the issue was not discussed.
I did pay by credit card
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. I would check the small print, but the easiest way to get your money back is ask your credit card company to issue a S.75 refund under the Consumer Credit Act. Say that you are penalized for terminating the contract and it was never made clear to you that any deposit would be non refundable. Even if it is in the small print they should have made this clear when taking payment. Kind regards AJ