12826847

I am the trustee of £22500 left to my mother by my

Customer Question

I am the trustee of £22500 left to my mother by my grandmother. The will, for which I was granted probate specifically sets out what the trust can be used for. My mother is on benefit, and the local council has stopped her benefit saying she has this money in savings and as such I should transfer all the funds to her to pay her bills (the money is in my name and only I and my partner have access to it). When the money is reduced significantly they would look at reinstating her benefit. Can the local council make this request - the money was intended for a funeral upon my mothers death, and for any items she may need that she could not otherwise afford (fridge/freezer/clothing etc).
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall o omy best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the exact wording of the Will