12826847

I put my car P446RWR daimler double six through the car wash

Customer Question

I put my car P446RWR daimler double six through the car wash in Burton on Trent, run by Anduff Car Wash Ltd.
During the washing process the 2 head lamp washers were broken off. I have the relevant broken parts.
Do I have a realistic claim for the cost of repairs?
I got a Quote for £470.00. consisting of £380.00 for parts and £90,00 labour which I sent to Anduff Car Wash Ltd.
They Offered me £90.00.
They said that the age of the car has to be taken into account. There is no warning to this effect given.
They accused me of making an illegal claim, quote---" I note that on the estimate there is a requirement to replace 2 x headlamp washers. In this matter we do not feel that it is reasonable that we pay the costs of replacing two washers, in our view that would amount to betterment and under claims law this is not something you woud be entitled to".
The incident report sheet made out by the attendant clearly shows area of damage as being both washers. I also sent Photographs of the damage, clearly showing both washers broken off.
What would you advise me to do?
Malcolm Westwood
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please could you tell me how long ago this occurred exactly and whether the response you received was directly from Anduff Car Wash Ltd or whether this was from their insurers?