12826847

I have a case where I have loaned money to what were so

Customer Question

I have a case where I have loaned money to what were so called friends?? I am now owed a large sum of money which I want to recover from them. Due to costs and grey areas I have legally already been advised to go through small claims court to try and recover the money!
I am terminally ill. Money was loaned verbally on a promise back in June and that it would be repaid on full via a loan at that time. We did it then so that they would not lose the Motorhome that we purchased for them when we were friends. I received cash amounts to the value of £5000 of the total loaned of £13000 back in July. I have written to them but have had no response to date!
I have receipts, bank statements and witnesses that the money was loaned as they may argue that it was a gift as we have done much for them but obviously they are now not interested in paying back the money!
How do I stand please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Do they have any money? Can they repay?