Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

In 2013 I was arrested for aggravated assault in

Customer Question

In 2013 I was arrested for aggravated assault in Staffordshire and was given a verbal warning. I lived in Ealing at the time and still do. I am about to start interviewing for a new job and wanted to know the following:
1. Does this mean I have a criminal record and do I need to declare it on the interview form?
2. If an employer ran a check would it appear?
3. How can I check myself what is on my record?
4. How long will it stay on my record?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

1. No - you were not convicted. When you say warning, I also assume it was not a caution

2. No if it was a standard DBS check

3. You can write to the Police and ask for a copy under the Data Protection Act.

4. If you request your own PNC it may show, it will always remain. But it will only be relevant on an enhanced DBS check where the Police can enter any other information. Very unlikely indeed to be on, but possible.