Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a woman calling my place of work telling them about

Customer Question

Hi I have a woman calling my place of work telling them about things outside of my work placement. Is there a way I can stop this??
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported this to the Police please?
Why is she doing this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I overtook a few cars (not dangerously) and she foned my boss to tell him that I was driving dangerously. It is my van and it was out of work hours so I phoned her to see what she was lookin. She insulted me and pretty much made out that I was a piece of dirt that is owned by my company. She rents an office off my firm and seems to think this gives her leverage with my employment as when I tried to talk to her she just said she would take it up with my firm. But I fail to see what it has to do with them.

Ok. You should report this to the Police if she keeps doing this.

This is harassment. The Police can interview her, give a warning and prosecute if it continues to happen.

Harassment is defined as:

(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah just to double check that my firm can't punish me for her if she threatens to move out of the office I they don't.

No, its nothing to do with them

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi she has sent another email to my employer with what only can be discribed as lies about me on it demanding that they deal with it. She refuses to speak to me at all about the situation.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Then you should report it to the Police or take action to seek an injunction to stop the harassment.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.