12826847

My tenant moved into my apartment in October 2015, we signed

Customer Question

My tenant moved into my apartment in October 2015, we signed a 6 month tenancy agreement. On the 01/04/16 I sent a letter to the tenant stating I would not issue another 6 month contract due to non payment of deposit (£800.00) and rent arrears (£2400.00) unless he bought the balance to date giving him until the 20th April, I suggested he contacted me as I had tried to contact him several times, he did not and did not pay deposit or rent arrears. (I did offer him a payment plan to be discussed)
Eventually he contacted us and promised to pay, he did not.
On the 01/07/16 I wrote to the tenant giving him 3 months notice to vacate by the 01/10/16. He is now without a contract and in rent arrears of £4800.00 and is insisting he remains at the property until the end of Nov 16, he has informed me he does not have any money to pay me. I have had to pay council tax because he has not declared living at the property and there are several debt letters he owes to the enforcement office of the police and many others approx. I have had several complaints of noise and the general consensus it is a "knocking shop" several men and women enter on a regular basis £3900.00. Can I go into the property and evict this tenant?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you served any notice or got a court order?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was informed that if I took it to court I would have to wait a further 3 month and he has said he will not pay any rent. I thought giving him notice of non extension of tenant agreement and 2 x request to evict due to contract and arrears.
I did think about passing the debt onto a debt collector as he owes thousands of pounds to others. I've also had Baylis contact and made to pay the council tax as he has not admitted he lives there
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry Bristol & suttor bayliffs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Basically he has had notice that I was not renewing tenancy agreement, he owes me a lot of money and has not registered with the local council that he is living there and several complaints it's being "used as a knocking shop!"
Because he has had 2 letters of eviction from myself and no tenancy agreement I could make him vacate, I have found out he will do a runner from the property in a months, he wishes to stay without paying for another month.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had to pay the local council after bayliffs approach me with my name being the owner
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will except your offer but I do not have a phone signal, may I contact you tomorrow when I'm in good reception area
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Sure. Please accept the request for a call then

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Last week my tenant agreed to vacate my property on 04.11.16, he arranged for someone to telephone me impersonating a solicitor who asked if the tenant could stay until the 4th, I agreed to this. I have served him with 3 requests to vacate by the 01.11.16 but agreed to extend until tomorrow. He is now wanting to stay another month. He owes to date £6800.00, he did not pay his deposit & did not pay rent for 3 months after moving into the property. He has been issued with a further steps notice & after speaking with the local police there is a warrant for his arrest. He has also given the incorrect details to the local council 1. His name is ***** ***** He is stating he moved into the property 01.11.16. I have received more witness statements of noice, sub letting proof & damage to the property from people kicking the door in that he owes money to (he informed us he had been broken into & we repaired the door & frame as well as change locks & step up the security for him at no expense to him. He is making his way to my property now for a meeting. What is the best way to approach this? He will not contact the police as he is aware a warrent has been issued. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have also had the expense £1282.00 to pay the council tax and by tomorrow another £600.00 rent will be due
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do apologise I can not afford the telephone conversation as I have just paid £56.00 to just answer