12826847

I was wondering what legal barriers might arise if starting

Customer Question

I was wondering what legal barriers might arise if starting a raffle/lottery-based consumer-to-consumer (C2C) eCommerce platform (as opposed to an auction-based site like eBay)? Is it legal to host this platform for buyers and sellers and take a percentage of the transaction fee? Does a charity have to legally receive a percentage as well?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please continue the search. Thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Will there a member registration system (so a degree of privacy)? What type of items will be bought and sold?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I wasn't planning on making a member registration system where people have to purchase memberships but they can make accounts... and any item! like ebay
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. Presumably though it will be private in the sense you can only bid/enter raffles if you have registered an account?