Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I booked a holiday with.Olympic holidays but had to cancel

Customer Question

I booked a holiday with.Olympic holidays but had to cancel within.a few days.I.was told to confirm in.writing which I.did.I knew I would lose my deposit.I.booked another holiday.which I paid for in full.They are now saying they did not receive my.cancellation letter and are billing me £280.in.cancellation.fees.I think this is grossly unfair and would value your opinion.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How did you send cancellation? Email or post.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
By post.They are saying.they did not receive it.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.