Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been asked to go for an interview under caution as

Customer Question

I have been asked to go for an interview under caution as they believe my partner is living with me, I claim pension credits, my partner lives with my daughter around the corner, we have now a good relationship and communicate well, we have grandchildren and children who adores him, the breakdown came about financial problems, we still have a joint account together, as a matter of the one and only account as we are on a debt management plan it has to be paid by direct debit and other debts , so we found no need to open another bank account also it becomes a problem to find a bank to accept you I just don't understand why I have been called in, I have worked all my life never ever claimed anything from anyone , I don't know if you can give me any advice or not.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How often does your partner stay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only when I am away from home to look after house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see him regular he pops in for meals with family
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he helps if I need things around the house and has done shopping if I am ill
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

So not regular? None of his bills come there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pay my own gas and electric bills , water etc all in my own name his hospital apt come to my address as well as dentist appt as I told you we have a joint account due to debt management , he pays my daughters bills out of that account as will not take money of him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my gas and electric and rent and shopping comes out of that account as well as my pension money goes in to that account
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok - that may be their concern because of the joint account.

But apart from that link they have no evidence. I am sure they just want to clarify the position and the only way they can properly do this is under caution.

But you do not live together - they would need to show that you do.

I would not be concerned as everything except your account is separate and even for that you have a good reason.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought it would be the account is it not legal to still have a joint account even though we do not live together they can check he pays my daughters poll tax as it comes out of the account and her driving insurance and television licence, as well as the debt management and his debts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it okay for him to call in and stay when i am not there to look after house for a week or so , as I say we have good communication and hopefully we can sort things out as that is his goal to get back together again as a family
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the future when we can get back on track
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is fine.

Does that clairfy?