12826847

IF A PPI PAYMENT LETTER READDRESS WAS AT 20,000 AND THE BANK

Customer Question

IF A PPI PAYMENT LETTER READDRESS WAS AT 20,000 AND THE BANK SAID THEY MADE A MISTAKE EVEN THOUGH THEIR IS WRITTEN EVIDENCE. The complaint has now been escalated to the ombudsman as the advisers say that the right amount was paid but 2 letters and several phone calls confirmed that the amount was the original amount this has been going on since May 2016. Rbs says that I signed the agreement letter but the fos said I did not as they advised me not to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RBS original amount was 52,000 and when they realised they made a mistake the shortfall was 20,000 which is a huge calculation mistake and the fos has said the difference is huge when the original offer was sent to me by post and several phone calls made and the advisors say that the original amount was correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Maybe have the full background to this please?

It seems that the bank made an offer which was blatantly wrong but the amount that was paid was £20,000 short.

If you can explain exactly what happened and who’s been dealing with this, I will be able to assist you further.