12826847

Is was recently caught speeding by a mobile camera van that

Customer Question

Is was recently caught speeding by a mobile camera van that was on a bridge above the road I was travelling on. is this legal as the angles will be different from on a bridge asaposed to a camera on the same road you are on
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Were you speeding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Notice of Intended Prosecution letter states I was travelling at 66mph in a 50mph zone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Do you accept you were speeding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

There is no reason they cannot use a laser gun on a bridge.

The question is not the angle per se but whether or not there is a clear and unobstructed view over a suitable distance.

They may not and there may have been obstructions but there is no reason, in principle, that this couldn't be relied upon.

A camera doesn't become less reliable because it is looking downwards rather than onside.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.