ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My ex partner is threatening to take me to court over access

Customer Question

my ex partner is threatening to take me to court over access arrangements for our son. I left because he was emotionally abusive to me and my other son. He turns up late when he is collecting and dropping of our son and if I don't comply with what he wants he behaves aggressively towards me, telling me I am mad and last Friday he followed me and my new partner, driving erratically with our son in the car. Today he has sent me an email threatening to take me to court. He has called my parents and been abusive to them, when he has been told that he shouldn't contact them. Should I report this to the police?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I note that you are trying through solicitors to agree arrangements but that your ex is still causing you problems.

You state that on Friday – he followed you and was driving erratically with your child in the car. I also note that you have received a threatening email today.

I consider that you do need to report his behaviour towards you to the police and you should also consider referring to social services about his driving with your child in the car.

You have to protect you children and I am getting the impression that your ex is controlling and aggressive. Children should not be exposed to such conflicts.

I think that you also need to contact your solicitor. If eh continues to cause problems for you and make threats then a non molestation order may be necessary.

It may also be the position that suspending contact is appropriate if his behaviour is escalating and this is placing your child at risk.

Let me know if I can help you further

Caroline