12826847

I work for a family for the last 15 years, in the end of

Customer Question

I work for a family for the last 15 years, in the end of March they leave England to be in another country. My contract ends, do I have some compensation for the time I have been working? What should I do to claim my rights?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you clarify what you mean by compensation for the time you have been working? Have you been paid for the work that you do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, good morning, I will wait for your advice. Thank you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. In order that I may assist you, please can you clarify what you mean by compensation for the time you have been working? Please can you also tell me whether you have bee paid for the work that you have been doing?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Your rights will depend on whether you were working as an employee or self employed. If you do not know which one you were working as then please go to this site:

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/edge-unavailable/hmrc-services.html

Select Employment Status Indicator from the menu and then follow the link to the questionnaire, answer all questions and please let me know what the site says your employment status is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, good afternoon, I was employed since 1 th of October 2001, until today, in the end of March, my employer is going to terminate my contract. He don't need me anymore, is going abroad.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** my last response above and follow the link I provided, take the questionnaire there and then please let me know the outcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please answer my question? Thank you very much.
Best Regards, Joao.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I would love to answer your quesiton but before I do so, I need to know what your employment status is and I have mentioned twice above that you need to go through the link I posted to answer the questions there and find out what your employment status is. Then I can answer your question, thanks