12826847

I agreed to a meeting with a salesman from Patient Direct,

Customer Question

Hi there
I agreed to a meeting with a salesman from Patient Direct, part of MIS.TV a digital advertising company selling ad space in hospitals and doctors surgeries. During the selling I stated my concerns as there was a request for a large deposit of £1060. The salesman told me not to worry as there was a cooling off period. At the end of the sales pitch I handed over the cheque and signed the agreement. There was no explanation of the agreement I was just asked to sign on the dotted line then it was taken back. When the salesman left I then decided to investigate the company and discovered a large number of bad reviews so I decided to cancel the agreement as I was in the cooling off stage. I emailed the company but did not receive a response so I contacted them by telephone. They said they had not received the email so I forwarded it onto the chap in customer services. At this point he said the deposit was non refundable as stated in the agreement.
Do I have any legal right to get my money back?
Kind Regards
Martin
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago did you meet the salesman?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi there. Our meeting was the 6 October

Hi there. Thank you for your response; please leave it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What are you going to charge for this advice. Is there extra money payable on top of the payment I have just made?

Thanks for your patience. There is no extra charge for this advice but please check if you have entered into a membership as this would attract a monthly fee. You can do this by following the My Account link on this page. Please check that and ensure you are happy with the membership and costs before proceeding and letting me know that you wish to continue, thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can cancel the subscription at any time. To be clear there is no contract in place that commits me to a fixed period of time?

I do not deal with membership queries unfortunately, please contact customer services via the Help section for queries with membership, thanks