12826847

I rented a room through an agent who provided false

Customer Question

hi there
I rented a room through an agent who provided false information when i was looking for a rent room in September .He had dropped me the information via whats app about the facilities and room rent rates and payment option(i still have his conversation on whats app) .Hence I had met him in his office regarding this room matter where i was told by him that you can pay either monthly(677 pounds) or weekly(155 pounds) so i agreed to pay weekly and he has also agreed. on the same day he has been requested me to pay Security payment + admin payment and Monthly payment in advance(he has mentioned me that from second month you can pay every weekly) so made i signed an agreement for 12 months and paid 1524.17.
i'm pretty clear and sure about my payment due date so i transferred money (155) into their account today as they said me that they do not accept weekly payment they wanted a monthly payment from me and also i have been asked by them to contact with agent Meanwhile time i phoned to agent who was given me all the information earlier said that he did not provide any information about weekly payment .
i would like to inform to another issue that i requested him about the house facilities and other room mates (like how many people are living there ,how many bathrooms and toilets are there) as he has replied me that there are two people living there and two bathroom and two toilets in the house.
unfortunately the fact is that there are 5 people included me and only one bathroom and toilet for 4 people. there is another room with own bathroom and toilet which they were given to another room mate (she uses as en suite room no one can able to use that except her)
apparently as i can see that I was mislead by the Agent(city Room) from the beginning who was provided me false information about facilities and room rates . i still have his conversations on my whats app as an evidences.
hence i spoke with their manager regarding this issue who did not accept requested and demanded me to pay monthly payment.i also told them that as a student i can not afford to pay monthly payment i can pay only weekly .(50 pounds extra than weekly payment)
I would like to get an advice and also going to take an legal action against them
i look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible
thank you.
Mathiyugan
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello Mathiyugan my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve please?