Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My ex gf is refusing to give back my television that i paid

Customer Question

my ex gf is refusing to give back my television that i paid for , of which i have a receipt and a voicemail from her saying its mine and to come and get it , she has received a solicitors letter from me but is refusing entry to her property by me even if accompanied by the police
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much is the TV worth please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;500 or so i guess
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request the TV or the £500 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not give it back or send you the £500 you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou very much
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.