How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34278
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My granddaughter got a loan for a friend to buy a car. he

Customer Question

my granddaughter got a loan for a friend to buy a car. he was paying monthly repayments to her. he abruptly stopped payments and also sold the car not recompensing my granddaughter.he has since purchased a new car. how do we stand in law please
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much does he owe her in total - and is there any record of their agreement?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
approximately £13.000.00 / 14.000.00
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
he has bought another car with a loan but has not given anything from the sale to my grandaughter
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she would settle for the £13,000.00 she has an agreement but it did not include the gap insurance also he has made two payments back. i will get the actual figures in a minute
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do you have email so i send copies?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
im having a job with your site it wont let me send attachment files will you confirm that you have received it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you confirm that we are dealing with a solicitor in the UK please.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Yes I am a solicitor in the East Midlands.

Did they both sign this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for thst i eas getting adsfromyour co us based.
Yes they did both sign Bit wasn't witnessed. would that matter
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm on the move now but can take mesages on my phone
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Your granddaughter can sue her "friend" for the full amount outstanding using the Money Claim online service here

The Judgement that she obtains can then be enforced afainst hi if need be

Please do not hesitate to ask for any further details that you need

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi is this not an act of theft?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

No it is just a breach of contract