F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I split my girlfriend last December & v start living

Customer Question

I split my girlfriend last December & v start living separately but kept in touch till last week.since January2016 till last week she borrow money from me,sometimes she return but most of the big chunk she hasn't which is£6000.as a matter of trust there was no written doc.between us except online transfer from bank account to her account.when I asked her to return my money last week she denies & refuse to pay back.
Pls.advice me is there any way I can pursue any legal action against her
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 months ago.

Is she denying that she's had this money in spite of the fact that you have the transfer you to her?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She isn't denying that she didn't borrow but she is denying to pay back.by the way since v split v never made any emotional or physical contact.i got most of the txt saved on my phone whenever she wanted the money for her needs.

If your girlfriend simply refuses to pay, then you have no alternative but to take her to the Small Claims Court. You can do it simply and quickly here www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

you will need to give her notice in writing that if you make an arrangement to pay within the next 14 days, you will issue court proceedings against her.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please rate the service positive so that I get paid. We can still exchange emails afterwards.

Best wishes.

FES.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thnx for ur advice.helpful

I am glad to have been of assistance. Before you leave, please don't forget to use the rating service. The thread will remain open and we can still exchange emails. Best wishes.