How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask F E Smith Your Own Question

F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9199
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I split my girlfriend last December & v start living

Customer Question

I split my girlfriend last December & v start living separately but kept in touch till last week.since January2016 till last week she borrow money from me,sometimes she return but most of the big chunk she hasn't which is£ a matter of trust there was no written doc.between us except online transfer from bank account to her account.when I asked her to return my money last week she denies & refuse to pay back.
Pls.advice me is there any way I can pursue any legal action against her
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

Is she denying that she's had this money in spite of the fact that you have the transfer you to her?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She isn't denying that she didn't borrow but she is denying to pay the way since v split v never made any emotional or physical contact.i got most of the txt saved on my phone whenever she wanted the money for her needs.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

If your girlfriend simply refuses to pay, then you have no alternative but to take her to the Small Claims Court. You can do it simply and quickly here

you will need to give her notice in writing that if you make an arrangement to pay within the next 14 days, you will issue court proceedings against her.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please rate the service positive so that I get paid. We can still exchange emails afterwards.

Best wishes.


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thnx for ur advice.helpful
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

I am glad to have been of assistance. Before you leave, please don't forget to use the rating service. The thread will remain open and we can still exchange emails. Best wishes.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions