13262538

While searching my family tree,I have come across

Customer Question

While searching my family tree,I have come across information about my father being illegitimate, and as a Catholic was raised by his grandparents, his mother was Mary Rocke later became Lenard. I now know his father was Jewish ( Dentist ) they were never allowed to marry because of there backgrounds,his name was Frederick Charles Mathews and practiced in*****yorks qualified 1922 December ref no 18367 .I also still have a great aunt,who is 97 and has confirmed this information. She has said her father went to court for maintenance and was awarded £1 per week (1925) for the upbringing of my father . Can you assist me in finding this ruling by the court as it will help in the connecting up of my family background? Best regards, Dennis *******
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I will be honest - it is highly unlikely that these records would have survived the War let alone until the years after that.

However such records as there are will be in the Civic archives

https://citymakinghistory.wordpress.com/the-archive/