Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have a business question regarding charging online

Customer Question

I have a business question regarding charging online subscriptions. We are launching a service enabling freelance directors of TV commercials to list their credits, contact details and work examples (video clips) on our website www.FreelanceDirectors.com in return for a monthly membership fee. Companies can access the website and directors details for free, and contact them directly should they wish to. My questions are:
1. Do we have to offer members a cooling-off period?
2. Can we charge members from the day they join?
3. Are there suitable template Ts & Cs available you could direct me to that may be suitable for me?
Expert:  Jenny replied 9 months ago.

Hello Paul, my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to assist you with your question today.

1. If this is a business to business arrangement there is no legal requirement for a cooling off period.

2. Yes a member can be charged from day one.

3. This may be something that can be offered as a premium service as it is a core business document and cannot form general advice. I will make an offer separately for this.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer, thank you and all the best.