12826847

I was involved in a fight 9years ago which led to a court

Customer Question

Hey guys,
I was involved in a fight 9years ago which led to a court case about a year after the fight which i was found guilty and got convicted of assault, it was minor injuries on the other party and i served no jail time or community service. I paid the fine and the time and it was over with.
I moved to Australia shortly after that and lived there for five plus years working and saved up a decent amount of money.
I have sence moved back home to ireland and am only settled back, and now so many years later this case has poped up again.
Its clear to me that he is well aware i am back from Australia and he is looking for money.
I also received a letter from my solicitor saying they received correspondence from his solicitor acting on his behalf with their schedule of witnesses together with their medical reports which they intend to rely on at the hearing. As its a high court hearing i am wondering my best route to take,
If i let on i have no money can they check my bank accounts? In ireland or Australia?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How many years after conviction is it that they are seeking to claim?

How old was the person you were convicted of assaulting?