31090051

My sister, her husband and three children were evicted from

Customer Question

my sister, her husband and three children were evicted from their housing association property 3 weeks ago. on the day of eviction they arrived at my mothers house and she allowed them to stay. three weeks on they've made no attempt to find alternative accommodation refuse to engage with her in any dialogue and have properly made themselves at home.
my mother is desperate for them to leave and at 84 wants her house and life back.
can she evict them and how quickly?
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

She doesn't need to evict them. She can just ask them to leave and call the police if they don't. There is no landlord/tenant relationship here. She allowed them to stay as her guests. They are no longer welcome. Legally she can tell them to go. The police may not be happy to get involved as this is technically a "civil" matter. If that is the case then she can still ask Family or friends to intervene and get rid of them. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.