12826847

He has walked away without completing the job, because he is

Customer Question

He has walked away without completing the job, because he is accusing me of changing my mind about the roof. Even though he agreed to reinstall the roof with no additional cost which I have in writing. He agreed and carried on with work but once I finished paying him the last £4000 he walked away. He brought up this issue 2 months after it has been resolved and he is now using it as a reason to walk away after taking all the agreed £1700. If he wasn't happy and thought I breached the contract then why did he carry on 2 months ago. I want the job to be completed. I want to get another builder in to finish the job and charge our initial builder the cost. I no longer trust him, he has called me many names and I don't feel safe for him to return to my home.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What are you hoping to achieve in the circumstances?