Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My boyfriend has been charged with gbh with intent on myself

Customer Question

My boyfriend has been charged with gbh with intent on myself as I have a black eye and fractured arm.
He has never ever shown violence towards me and we were both very very drunk and he was also on prescribed medication.
I have given statement saying he just grabbed me too hard and I fell over as I was really drunk.
However there are 2independent witnesses that have said they saw him hit me.
If I am prepared to go to court and say he didn't do this will the cps still be likely to go ahead with charges anyway
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I have said he only grabbed me a bit too hard out of the cab and I fell over but 2 witnesses say he hit me are the cps still likely to press charges
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If they have witnesses they will continue, especially as this is domestic violence. If you were drunk they may say that you couldn't even remember.

So yes it is likely to continue.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course which is what I need.
I originally stated I couldn't remember as I knew it was between us two. But now they have the taxi driver and someone who said he saw me get dragged from the cab.
In reality we were arguing and as he got out the cab he told me to get out and the taxi driver said he punched me and dragged me out. But I went to kick him, he leant in to grab me out and I sort of lunged at him, which ended up with me on the floor outside the cab....your thoughts? As I have called police to tell them my statement
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Problem is, if there are witnesses they won't drop,it,and it will go to court.

I am sorry. I agree it's unreasonable for the police,to prosecute when you have called the police about an assault.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.