12826847

My mother had £76,000 left over from a sale of a property

Customer Question

My mother had £76,000 left over from a sale of a property held by the court funds.
We we applied the account was showing that the funds had already been paid out and it has come to light that due to her mental illness our brother got her to sign him as the deputy.
We are going to approach the court funds office this week but how does Mum stand if our brother has claimed it and spent it.
Chris
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

I am still not entirely clear what has happened - can you explain a little more about the position please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Morning ClareIn 2006 my parents shop got reposesd and after all the costs the was £156.000 left over. In 2007 my father took his half and there was a balance of £76,000 inc interest held with the court funds.Mum suffered from a very bad mental illness in 2010 and and for many years needed hospital treatment.Our father sent all the paper work recently to claim mum half to giver her a better way of life but the court has replied and said in 2010 the balance was paid! In 2010 our brother got mum ( without us knowing ) to become her deputy of finance.
It's come to light that he claimed the funds and has spent it on cars, business ect.Mother would of been no fit state to agree this and further more why should he of had the right to spend the funds on his only personal goods.How would mum stand in this position now if all the money has been spent.RegardsChris
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

have you contacted the Court Of protection regarding this Appointment?