12826847

My solicitor failed to send me a letter that I needed to see

Customer Question

My solicitor failed to send me a letter that I needed to see in a timely fashion and as a result there is considerable the pressure on me to provide an affidavit and engage counsel for an impending court hearing. This lack of timely support is the most recent of several similar failures to act in a timely way. I am 85 and unable to speak so all my communication needs to be written. Can you advise what I can do about this situation?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What can I do about the fact that my solicitor has not forwarded me crucial information and has left me with insufficient time to prepare for the hearing?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am unable to speak

If the hearing is set for 16th November and it is now 7th November, why are you unable to prepare? That is over a week away?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We need advice from counsel and my condition means I can only write very slowly. Is it not required of solicitors to forward all correspondence and take instructions in response. I've asked them previously to write things to the other side and they have ignored my request.

When did they get ahold of this letter?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
17th October

Ok, when did they tell you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When my daughter notice the letter referred to in a subsequent letter (4th November) and asked to see the original.

Why cant you have a conference with Counsel at the hearing? Barristers do this all the time.