Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I HAVE RECEIVED A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE FROM "PARKING EYE"

Customer Question

I HAVE RECEIVED A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE FROM "PARKING EYE" SAYING I PARKED FOR 17 HOURS 30 MINS AT ALVIS RETAIL PARK, COVENTRY. I VISITED CARPETRIGHT AT THE RETAIL PARK ON THE 27/10/2016 WITH MY WIFE TO CONFIRM PAYMENT & THAT THE FITTER WAS ARRIVING ON THE 28/10/2016 TO FIT KITCHEN FLOORING, I DONT DISPUTE THE ARRIVAL DATE AT THE RETAIL PARK. 27/10/2016 AT16 HRS 51MINS BUT THERE IS NO WAY I LEFT MY CAR THERE FOR 17HRS AND WALKED 5MILES BACK HOME WITH MY WIFE. THE STORE MANAGER CONFIRMED OUR ORDER AND SAID TO CONTACT HIM AGAIN IF NOT RESOLVED. HOWEVER THIS COMPANY SAYS I MUST REPLY WITH A WRITTEN APPEAL OR PAY A £100 FINE , CAN YOU ADVISE PLEASE,
REGARDS ***** *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello John my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you appealed the ticket yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I have not appealed the ticket
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

First you need to appeal the ticket. Clearly the contravention did not occur and you can appeal on that basis.
Second if that fails you can appeal to POPLA. They are an independent body who considers parking complaints. They are based at: https://popla.co.uk/

But the first appeal should resolve it. It did not happen!