How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34030
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I wonder if you could help us. Someone had complained to the

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I wonder if you could help us. Someone had complained to the school our child goes to about us and the school forwarded the complaint to social services. We were not told who made the complaint and when however we have a good idea who this might be and why. We totally disagree with the complaint, the way school dealt with it and the letter from Social services and we wonder what we should do in order to either receive the evidence proving the accusations or apology from the school, the social services and the person who complained about us to school. Thank you. Kind regards, Alla
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Hello Alla my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You want the school to tell you who made the complaint?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We know who this is but I want school to either prove the accusations or apologize to us because this is not right. They are accusing us without proving anything.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

I assume the school were acting on the information received?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they were. The person who complaint aid that the their child whilst being in our house accessed inappropriate materials on our computer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We were not even told what materials... Just something not good for children to see.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Ok. You should write to the school and demand an apology. Its disgraceful they are acting on information received by nosey people.

If you do not get one and assuming its locally funded then you should complain to the Council. They can investigate the complaint and report back to you.

If you are not satisfied about that then you can complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service at:

Finally you could issue proceedings and demand compensation for the distress you have suffered.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The school does not want to listen to us they chose to believe the person who complained about us. I will try to speak to Council...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

ok - make sure you put everything in writing.
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. I will contact someone in council tomorrow. Can I come back to you?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Sure. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

i am sorry but the school actually had no choice but to report the matter.

Since the death of Victoria Climbie the rules on Safeguarding and sharing information have become very rigidly imposed.

A report (even a malicious one) such as this one which raised Safeguarding issues HAS to be reported to Social Services - even if the school are relatively certain that the report is indeed malicious.

If all the School did was pass the information on to the Social Services then they have acted appropriately and have nothing to apologise for so complaining will achieve nothing.

I am sorry.

Since you were not asked what Social Services did I cannot comment on what action they did or did not take

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice