13262538

I wonder if you could help us. Someone had complained to the

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I wonder if you could help us. Someone had complained to the school our child goes to about us and the school forwarded the complaint to social services. We were not told who made the complaint and when however we have a good idea who this might be and why. We totally disagree with the complaint, the way school dealt with it and the letter from Social services and we wonder what we should do in order to either receive the evidence proving the accusations or apology from the school, the social services and the person who complained about us to school. Thank you. Kind regards, Alla
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello Alla my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You want the school to tell you who made the complaint?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We know who this is but I want school to either prove the accusations or apologize to us because this is not right. They are accusing us without proving anything.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

I assume the school were acting on the information received?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they were. The person who complaint aid that the their child whilst being in our house accessed inappropriate materials on our computer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We were not even told what materials... Just something not good for children to see.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok. You should write to the school and demand an apology. Its disgraceful they are acting on information received by nosey people.

If you do not get one and assuming its locally funded then you should complain to the Council. They can investigate the complaint and report back to you.

If you are not satisfied about that then you can complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service at: www.lgo.org.uk

Finally you could issue proceedings and demand compensation for the distress you have suffered.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The school does not want to listen to us they chose to believe the person who complained about us. I will try to speak to Council...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

ok - make sure you put everything in writing.
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I will contact someone in council tomorrow. Can I come back to you?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Sure. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

i am sorry but the school actually had no choice but to report the matter.

Since the death of Victoria Climbie the rules on Safeguarding and sharing information have become very rigidly imposed.

A report (even a malicious one) such as this one which raised Safeguarding issues HAS to be reported to Social Services - even if the school are relatively certain that the report is indeed malicious.

If all the School did was pass the information on to the Social Services then they have acted appropriately and have nothing to apologise for so complaining will achieve nothing.

I am sorry.

Since you were not asked what Social Services did I cannot comment on what action they did or did not take