12826847

I am a taxi driver in Swindon. 2 police officers stopped me

Customer Question

HI, I am a taxi driver in Swindon. 2 police officers stopped me and requested for my driving licence. They said I was doing 60 on 40 mile dual carriage. They took my licence off me and gave me a notice paper normally fixed on a vehicle .
I was asked to pay £100 and my licence will be sent off to Dvla to endorse a 3 points penalty.
I did not ask for proof or camera recording footage.
Please advise on how to challenge it and the possibilities.
Gabriel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This happened on 01.11.2016. I have called and left voice message but no response or call back. The policecadvised that they controller speed awareness course
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Gabriel my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I mean the Wilshire police does not offer speed awareness course as an alternative to the £100 and 3 points penalty on my licence. There is no further correspondence from the police as at date
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know about it immediately and I suppose this why I am paying for the information
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

do you accept you were speeding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not accept
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However I did not request to see the camera recording from the police car and both officers. They advised that I have 2 weeks to make the £100 automated payment or risk going to court to challenge it. They confirmed the court may increase r decrease the penalty fine and licence point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jamie... I need you help as you are aware time is running out. I do not know what to do next and definitely does not want to pay fine and points penalty. What steps would I take to keep my clean licence and avoid the fine payment.