Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Our company entered into a lease agreement for a franking

Customer Question

Our company entered into a lease agreement for a franking machine.
Long story short, we were in arrears £5740.72 for the rent, however the franking costs were paid up to date.
Pitney Bowes (the supplier) has blocked our account and we couldn't use the franking machine.
We entered into a payment arrangement in september and paid up to today £ 4,180.72, however our account is still blocked and Pitney Bowes said they will not reactivate untill full arrears are paid.
My question is - we commited and cleared most of the balance, are they rightfully keeping the account blocked although we are fully paying this account?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have a copy of the signed lease agreement? Have PB said they will let you continue using the lease when the arrears are paid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said they will deactivate the account once arrears are fully paid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reactivate not deactivate sorry
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you. If the terms of the lease say they can suspend the services until all arrears are paid then legally yes they will be allowed to do this. The only real pressure you put on the them is to say that you will terminate the lease if they do not act reasonably especially as they now have a commitment to repay the arrears. What you could do is offer a payment on account in respect of future installements as a show of good faith? Is the lease still in term? Can you send me a copy of the lease? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can send you the lease could I have an email address where to send it to please ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you can you past it into this thread? Kind regards AJ