Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.
Based on what you have described, what would be the ideal outcome for you so that I can advise you of your options?
OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.
Many thanks for your patience. The law only allows you to withdraw your consent and stop a future payment under a continuous payment authority, which is basically a recurring payment like memberships, etc. It does not apply to payments for good or services, such as what you paid for in your situation. So if you had given your credit card details to the other party, you have basically given them authority to charge the payments to your card.
However, you did speak directly to the card provider and received assurance that no payments will be made. Whether they had the authority to make such promises is another matter, I can’t say who made that promise and how much knowledge they had about this or if they could have even made such a promise in their position.
The complexity is also compounded because the transaction was made in Turkey where you simply do not have the same laws and protection as if it had been done here. There are regulators, courts, etc which you could have relied on here to challenge the other party but in the circumstances your only realistic option is to challenge the card provider.
It is too early to say if this will be resolved or not – the card provider is still dealing with this and you have more options available to you if needed. First of all you need to go through their full complaints procedure up to the point where they have issued their final decision. After that you have the option of going to the Financial Ombudsman who can look at this for you for free and issue a binding decision. Finally you have the small claims court which is a relatively low risk option to give it one final attempt.
Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the steps you need to follow should you have to go down the final option of the small claims court. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can still continue this discussion. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.