12826847

I used a PPI company to make a claim against a loan company.

Customer Question

I used a PPI company to make a claim against a loan company. I am disputing weather I should pay the fee to the PPI company. I have logged a complaint with the legal ombudsman and despite them agreeing that the PPI company didn't request for these particular loans to be looked in to because they made the initial complaint they are saying I should pay the fee, on the sum paid plus the interest it incurred.
I just want to check to see if legally this is correct.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Can I just check I have understood your question properly ? Are you disputing the Ombudsman's determination that you should pay the fee ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right. My original complaint to them was because I didn't think the PPI company had earned the fee, but after speaking to them I realised that if the claim was handle correctly in the first place I would have paid it on the full figure so could see that I should pay. I then said that why should I have to pay it on the interest paid as the loan company took 5 years to realise the mistake, and they said that this wasn't the PPI's company fault which is true but I still don't think it's fair.
It was the ombudsman that discovered the pay out recently received was on loans that were with the loan company but were on the initial request to the PPI company to investigate but they have said that if it wasn't for this initial request it would never have been looked at and I should therefore pay the fee and I disagree with this.
I am just trying to work out if I should just pay the PPI company the money or if legally I don't have to.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What else would you like to know?