12826847

My golf club issues vouchers as prizes in competition, but

Customer Question

My golf club issues vouchers as prizes in competition, but members can only use them at the club in the bar, restaurant, the pro shop, put them against your fees, or at a butchers shop locally I believe he is a club member, visitors are issued GUI vouchers which can be used in many other places, IE: golf shops or other stores that accept them. If I wish to change club, which I am thinking of doing, can I demand that I be given the value of these saved vouchers in a GUI voucher that I could use at another venue, IE: to part pay my fees to the new club or use in a golf shop elsewhere.
The club professional has resigned his position and I would also have some voucher value in his shop from competitions he sponsored or from a 2's competition he would run in conjunction with the main competition on the day, he wants us to spend this money in his shop before he goes although he does not have anything in stock that I want to buy. Can you please advise me as to what I can do in these two situations.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you been a member for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8/9 years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ben I'm in Ireland I've realised I'm on to a UK site I believed I was on to an irish Citizens Advice can ewe cancel this as I'm not sure you are the p
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. I will go ahead and opt out of this question. Many thanks