13262538

My mother died in the UK leaving her, (small), Estate to

Customer Question

My mother died in the UK leaving her, (small), Estate to Charity. I have obtained a Caveat of Probate. The aim being to become the Executor & sole beneficiary. The named executors, & their successors went into liquidation. I am being told by their successor that they are waiting the issue of the original Will, (currently lost, - however, I have a copy). Once this is obtained they advise me that I will be contacted by them. Meanwhile it has been arranged with them that I receive my late mothers Chattels. - Q' 1; Do I have to do anything with the Caveat, or will its presence simply oblige the executors to start dialogue with myself. I am a little concerned that the would-be executors appear to have assumed the executor role as they are authorising the distribution of the chattels.
David West
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Provided you remember to renew the Caveat every six months then yes the Executors will need to negotiate with you to obtain probate.

It woudl appear at present they are simply being practical.

Please ask if you need further details