13262538

My bungalow deeds are sitting on the chair beside me. The

Customer Question

My bungalow deeds are sitting on the chair beside me . The little "T's" show quite clearly which boundarys are mine and which are not . The boundary between my property and next door is not mine and can only belong to next door therefore. I've been asking the next door owner to do something about the atrocious broken down state of his fence for about four years and every time he's replied that the boundary is mine and I told him so . He and his wife cannot see the the fence because their ground has been built up higher thus obstructing the view. He now tells me he's selling up and moving to Spain and will not be doing anymore work on his property. Its all one big joke to him but my back garden is immaculate and his fence is an eyesore . Small Claims/County Courts have never bothered me . Please help.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

The fact that it is your neighbours boundary to maintain does NOT mean that you can force him to replace the fence I am afraid - it depends on the actual wording of the deeds

If you read through the deeds you are looking for anything that actually says that the boundary has to be maintained and includes an Undertaking to that effect - if it does then this may be enforceable.

However it may be more practical - and cheaper to simply replace the fence yourself.

Please ask if you need further details