12826847

Looking to use Adverse Possession of an adjacent strip of

Customer Question

looking to use Adverse Possession of an adjacent strip of land that’s between me and a neighbour’s house.
I have lived at my home since Mar2005, and this strip is looked after by both of us,
I have not spoken with them yet on this, but am concerned they may contest my application.
can you help me to make the application ?
if so, how much would your help cost ?
thank you
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Please note that this is merely a question and answer website and although I am a fully qualified property Solicitor, I can not assist you in any Land Registry application- I can, however, advise you if you have the grounds to make such an application. Would you still like to continue? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help to make the application as I am not familiar with the jargon required for this.
can you help me with this ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. From the little information you have told me, I think you may be wasting your time in making the application. I would need some more information from you before confirming this- Is the land in question just a grassed area between your property and next door. Do both you and the neighbour maintain it? I take it that the land is not fenced in and forms an integral part of your garden? Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand what you mean by wasting my time - do you mean for the Adverse Possession application or for seeking advice on this site ?

Hi, I meant that you may be wasting your own time in making an application. Al