Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I witnessed my brother being hit by a car 20 years ago by an

Customer Question

I witnessed my brother being hit by a car 20 years ago by an illegal immigrant driving illegally on an unlit road at night. i didn't sue anyone at the time because I was suffering mental health problems.is it possible to reopen the case and sue any agency for negligence.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I am afraid you are time barred from taking any action ( as 3 years has passed). To be honest, as the immigrant did not have any insurance, you would not have been able to sue him anyway, and no-one else would have been liable to pay you any compensation as a bystander. I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position. Kind Regards Al