12826847

I am required to attend a hearing by the English Bridge

Customer Question

I am required to attend a hearing by the English Bridge Union regarding allegations of cheating. I am not guilty and have compiled a large dossier of evidence refuting the charge. I also have a group of witnesses who will testify for me. However, I live in Yorkshire, as do almost all my witnesses, and the EBU insists on holding the hearing in London, but without giving any reason. I am retired and cannot possibly afford the expense of a trip to London for myself and all my witnesses. The hearing will probably last more than one day, so there would be the additional expense of overnight accommodation. Can I apply for a court order to require the hearing to be held in Yorkshire?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Have you asked for the hearing to be heard elsewhere?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.